Beginner- Taste of Torah program
- Taste of Torah is a program designed for women who are curious about their Jewish heritage. No prior knowledge of Jewish Studies, commitment to Jewish observance, or knowledge Hebrew is required.
- The breadth of the curriculum provides a well-balanced introduction to Jewish thought, text, tradition, and practice.
- The intimate classes and mentoring options provide the students with a framework to integrate Judaism into their lives in an individualized way, respecting each student’s pace and unique spirituality.
Beit Midrash or study program
- She’arim is based on the foundation of text-based learning. Students have the opportunity to discover the depth of Torah through learning the text -- chavruta style. Chavruta-learning pairs up two students of similar abilities, allowing them to assist each other to build skills.
- Tutors are provided for students who have never approached text before, with the goal of teaching students to be independent in their learning.
- The beauty of textual learning is that information which is gleaned from the source provides a richer understanding and appreciation of the subject matter. Students learn to appreciate the complexity of the Torah by asking questions on textual subtleties and nuances. The literacy gained from text-based Torah learning enables students to continue learning for a lifetime and to educate their children.
- Students are placed in appropriate levels based on their background and skills. As students progress, they reassess their textual skills and decide when they are ready for the challenge of the next level.